Energy & Utilities
Our work with energy and utility companies is all about problem-solving. Schneider Geomatics has the tools and knowledge to develop utility transmission surveys and maps required by our clients to provide reliable energy and protect public safety. We’re able to develop and process Survey, Lidar and Photogrammetric data into a variety of models and systems used throughout the Utility market.
Energy and Utility companies often encounter obstacles with property owners and government agencies when easement is required. We understand the nature of managing Right-of-Way and Easements and specialize in helping clients navigate the complexities involved.
We know that safety is essential and timeframes are critical in this market. Our energy and utility team has the experience, technologies and knowledge needed to meet these goals.
The Energy and Utility market is more than just easements and land use issues. Schneider Geomatics’ team also understands the need to comply with federal, state and local environmental requirements.
For example, did you know that brown bats in Indiana are legally protected during their mating season? That means if tree clearing is required for a project, it has to be done by March 31st or it doesn’t get done. Our team is ready to work quickly and creatively to our clients success.
Schneider Geomatics also offers Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Inspections, Environmental Phase I and Wetland Delineation to our Energy and Utility Clients.
If you need something that isn’t on this list, don’t hesitate to reach out and talk to us about your project. We are a one-stop company that has handled every challenge thrown at us. We do it right the first time because that is the only way to do it.
- Route Selection & Preliminary Mapping
- If you want to journey from Point A to Point B, efficiency is key but, the best way to get from Point A to Point B isn’t necessarily a straight line. There are several factors that go into planning an optimal route, including topography, soil conditions, environmental impact and any existing surrounding land use that may impact construction.
- We identify available alternate routes so that you can make the best-informed decision about where a given route should go.
- Deed Research
- Deed research can be a time-consuming process…unless you know what you’re doing. Our research professionals have years of experience researching deeds and have streamlined the process to be as quick as they are thorough.
- Our experts review public records in the local courthouse for the current deed of record as well as easements that are cross-referenced to the deed. This critical step in the construction process informs everything you are able to do on a given property.
- Subsurface Utility Engineering
- We work with utility partners doing vital subsurface work. Using non-destructive methods and cutting-edge technology, we can obtain reliable utility information using ASCE standards and practices.
- This service is especially useful when companies need to do a utility relocation design, utility coordination, utility condition assessment, estimate the cost of utility relocation or simply communicate essential utility data to necessary interested parties.
- Underground Utility Locating Services
- Our crews are highly trained and experienced in locating underground utilities. This work can be done with minimal disruption to nearby properties and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Engineering Design
- We offer utility relocation consulting services that minimize the impact on the surrounding area as well as relocation permitting, handling the necessary conversations and permitting to ensure a smooth project from start to finish.
- This service also covers substation and utility civil/site design. This is an extremely specific kind of work that not all contractors are equipped to handle. We have years of experience working on demanding projects with very strict guidelines and parameters.
- Transmission Line and Substation Site Design and Permitting
- The first major step in setting up a transmission line or designing a substation is ensuring that all the proper permits are obtained and properly filed. Any mistakes in this crucial phase can cause costly delays before ground is ever broken on the project site.
- We will help facilitate floodway permits, right-of-way permits, storm drainage permits, and appropriate documentation to properly prepare your site and get your project started strong.
- Erosion Control Planning
- Depending on where you are building, there are a significant amount of local, state and federal regulations you may have to work around. Erosion control is just one of the important factors you have to be prepared for when starting a build.
- We provide NPDES (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System) and SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan) services to help your project pass any and all regulations, no matter where it is located.
- As-Built/Record Drawing Services
- As-built surveys are often conducted multiple times throughout a project to ensure that construction is going according to plan. Local authorities often require as-built surveys during the process to ensure that projects are being built per the design plans.
- We customize the deliverable for as-built data based upon each client or project need. Our field crews are equipped with all necessary equipment and software (including CAD) to import and manipulate the as-built data directly on-site for daily delivery.
Communication, Efficiency, and Experience.
Take on your next construction project with a team that knows how to handle the challenges and red tape that can slow other companies down and inflate costs. We’ll keep you informed every step of the way so you can make the right decisions and do your job well. Let’s build something.
Communication, Efficiency, and Experience.
Take on your next construction project with a team that knows how to handle the challenges and red tape that can slow other companies down and inflate costs. We’ll keep you informed every step of the way so you can make the right decisions and do your job well.
Looking for a career? Invest in your future.
At Schneider Geomatics, we employ a collaborative team and pride ourselves on being a home for the best and brightest professionals in the industry. We also know how important it is to take care of our own. That’s why we place such an emphasis on the career progression, growth, promotion, and opportunity for our team members.
Our team is large and comprised of highly motivated and skilled people, yet small enough that you can still make an impact. See what a career with Schneider could be.